- Ability to support existing systems, fix bugs and roll out long term solutions
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the development and support process
- Collaborate closely with developers and stakeholders
- Using your technical knowledge, to suggest the most ideal way to complete projects
- Some client facing requirements for integrations with third parties and clients
- Develop integrations that consume internal/third-party APIs
- Maintain a high standard of coding, documentation, write automated tests, and participate in code review
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 5 or more years of experience as a full-stack web developer, delivering maintainable, scalable, responsive web solutions for all devices (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Strong Laravel and React experience
- Strong understanding of designing and working with relational databases i.e. MySQL
- Strong understanding of coding best practices – OOP, design patterns, data structures etc.
- Solid understanding of single page application (SPA) design patterns
- Experience with building reusable components across multiple applications and code bases
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or PHPUnit
- Good understanding of working with version control (git) in a team environment
- Knowledge of designing, maintaining, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, maintainable code that is easy to understand
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- A keen interest for experimenting and learning new technologies
Experience in the following would be valued:
- AWS architecture knowledge, including Docker, ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, etc.
- Scrum/Kanban (Agile) experience
- CI/CD practices (CircleCI)
- Developing integrations with eCommerce solutions like Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, etc.
Police checks are required for the successful candidate. First round interviews will be held over a video interview and second round interviews will be either via video call or face to face depending on the current Covid-19 developments in Melbourne.
If this is the role for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
NB: Recruitment agencies – we have this role covered, but if we need some support we will reach out to you. Thanks for your understanding.